This policy explains how Citifaith and our website comply with the DPA (Data Protection Act), the General Data Protection Regulation(GDPR) which comes into effect on 25 May 2018, and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations. We may update this policy when the UK exit the European Union.
By providing your personal details you agree to allow the Church to contact you by mail, email, telephone or SMS text message about its charitable purposes. Either based on the consents you have given us or for our legitimate interests in accordance with current data protection regulations.
1. How we collect information about you
When you visit or register for services on the Citifaith website, general information about you, such as your name, address, contact details will be collected so Citifaith can contact you. Citifaith may also collect this and other types of personal information while working with you, for example credit or debit card information when you wish to obtain goods or services from Citifaith, when you register for conferences or events, participate in Citifaith activities or complete other forms. Citifaith may also collect information about your usage of Citifaith website as well as information about you from emails or letters you send to Citifaith.
2. How your information may be used
1. to establish and maintain your involvement with Citifaith which may include providing you with regular correspondence;
2. to provide you with the relevant pastoral support.
3. to provide the products or services you have requested from Citifaith;
4. to answer your inquiry by post, telephone, fax as well as email;
5. to register you for events, conferences or promotions;
6. to assist Citifaith to make its sites, services and products more valuable to the community;
7. for direct promotion of products or services and to keep you informed of new developments that may be of interest to you. If Citifaith contacts you in this way without obtaining your prior consent, you will be provided with the opportunity to decline any further promotional communications;
8. to third parties where Citifaith has retained those third parties to assist its operation and provide the products or services you have requested, such as religious education instructors, catering and event coordinators, promotions companies, transport providers, health care providers, website hosts and IT consultants, and Citifaith’s professional advisers such as consultants, lawyers and accountants. In some circumstances Citifaith may need to disclose sensitive information about you to third parties as part of the services you have requested; and
9. to different departments and parts of Citifaith to enable the development and promotion of other products and services and to improve the general ability of Citifaith to assist those who use any of the facilities and services provided by Citifaith, including Church attendees and the wider community.
Where you have consented when providing us with your details, Citifaith may also allow carefully selected third parties, including other churches in our group, to contact you occasionally about products and services which may be of interest to you. They may contact you by post, telephone or as well as by e-mail. If you change your mind about being contacted by these organisations in the future, please contact Citifaith.
Unless required to do so by law, Citifaith will not otherwise share, sell or distribute any of the information you provide to us without your consent.
3. Who sees your information
The information you provide to us will be held on computers in the church office all of which are password protected.
We do not sell or pass any of your personal information to any other organisations and/or individuals without your express consent, with the following exceptions:
By providing us with your details you are giving the Church your express permission to transfer your data to our service providers including mailing houses, such as Planning Centre, MailChimp or Wix to enable fulfilment of the purpose for collection.
Where such details are shared, we have confidentiality agreements in place that restrict the use of your information to the purpose for which it is provided and ensure it is stored securely and kept no longer than necessary.
We do not intend to store or currently store financial details (credit or debit card numbers) obtained through online transactions. We do not store details online nor do we pass any information to third parties, except where we are legally required to do so, to assist fraud reduction, or to provide a service requested and minimise credit risks.
4. Access to your information
You can request access to the personal information that Citifaith holds about you by contacting the Privacy Officer as set out below. Citifaith will provide you with access to your personal information unless legally authorised to refuse your request. Citifaith may charge a reasonable amount for providing access.
If you wish to change personal information that is out of date or inaccurate at any time please contact Citifaith. After notice from you, Citifaith will take reasonable steps to correct any of your information which is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date. If you wish to have your personal information deleted please advise Citifaith and that information will be deleted wherever practicable.
Citifaith may refuse your request to access, amend or delete your personal information in certain circumstances. If Citifaith does refuse your request, you will be provided with a reason for such decision and, in the case of amendment, it will be noted with your personal information that you have disputed its accuracy.
5. Keeping your details up to date
Please tell us as soon as any of your contact details change so that we can keep our records up to date.
You can change the way we contact you, or the kind of material we send you, at any time by contacting us by mail or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Citifaith will take reasonable steps to keep secure any personal information held and to keep this information accurate and up to date. Personal information is stored in a secure server or secure files.
The Internet is not a secure method of transmitting information. Accordingly, Citifaith cannot accept responsibility for the security of information you send to or receive from Citifaith over the Internet or for any unauthorised access or use of that information. Citifaith takes security measures to protect your information from access by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage. Your information will be held for a reasonable period or as long as the law requires.
7. Social media
The Church uses social media such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, WhatsApp and You-Tube. Users must verify authenticity of sites before posting or providing personal information on such sites.
Our website may provide social media buttons, permitting sharing our web content directly to a social media, platform. Use of such buttons is at your own risk. Unless it is material supplied or officially posted by the Church we do not endorse social media website(s) and have no responsibility for the content nor for the cookies they may contain. Citifaith does not ask for passwords nor personal details on social media.
Cookies are small amounts of information that Citifaith stores on your computer. Unless you have indicated your objection when disclosing your details to Citifaith, its system will issue cookies to your computer when you log on to the site. Cookies make it easier for you to log on to and use the site during future visits. They also help to monitor website traffic and to personalise the content of the site for you. You may set up your computer to reject cookies although, in that case, you may not be able to use certain features on Citifaith sites. If you do not wish to receive cookies in the future, please contact Citifaith.
Citifaith suggests that you visit our website regularly to keep up to date with any changes.
10. Contact details
Telephoning 01793 481555
Writing to GDPR Lead, Citifaith International Church, 38-40 Regent Street, Swindon, Wiltshire, SN1 1JL
Citifaith International Church is a not for profit company limited by guarantee. Company No: 5185527. Charity No: 1112463.
Registered Office: 38-40 Regent Street, Swindon, Wiltshire, SN1 1JL
Updated May 2018